Taking one day at a time . . .





Well I can never say I have a dull life.  Since my last post two more staff members have gone.  Where we were 7 at the start of the year we are now 3.  Lot of closed doors here, a bit eerie.

August was a shocking month and I don't know how I got through it.  I had to bite my tongue so many times.  The pure nastiness of the boss and his wife really didn't sit well with me and a couple of times I had said a few things as it was getting out of control.  Never a nice word spoken.  The rudeness and arrogance was more than I can deal with and it hurt because I never thought they could be so vindictive or selfish.  As far as they were concerned "it was all about me".  Well I'm really sorry but it 's BECAUSE of them that we are in the position we are in right now.  

Since A left, things have been a wee bit calmer.  As the boss's wife isn't here anymore he has no one to side with so little to bitch about.

As far as things being finalised with my job nothing is confirmed yet.  I don't expect it to be for a while yet as my boss has filed a personal grievance claim and if my role stays the same he may be able to use it against them. 

So in the meantime I'm just soldiering on and taking each day as it comes.

I haven't been my own best friend for awhile either.  I've suffered horribly with hot flushes.  I burn up so much.  I've been sleeping with a fan blowing on my face just so I can have some sleep.  I'd be lucky to get 4 - 5.5 hours sleep a night.  No energy at all.

I looked after Miss Sophia for a morning a couple of weeks ago while my son went to church as she was a bit under the weather.  As we were meeting up with Jackie and David for lunch I told him to meet us town.

So we put our smellies on and some lipstick and took a selfie.  (These kids do selfies better than me I can tell you)

 I couldn't believe how puffy and tired my face looked.  I realised I'd really been neglecting myself which I suppose isn't really surprising under the circumstances.



 So I decided to start being a wee bit nicer to myself.  So I've been doing my darndest to  eat healthy again.  I've cut out the wheat, and the crappy stuff that I've been indulging in, cut back on my wine and and eating lots of fresh veges and salads and plenty of water.  I've also invested in a nutri bullet and I love it.  I can't believe no matter what I put in it tastes fantastic. 

The photos below I just took.  There is 9 days difference and I can see the  puffiness is starting to go.  I'm feeling a lot better.  More energy, I don't itch so much - sleeping - OMG from about 10pm - 7am.  That's a lot more than I've had for ages.  I feel like I'm catching up on all my sleep that I've lost.




I'm so enjoying this springlike weather (when it's not raining).  I'm starting to make myself go outside and do things while it's still light.  Dinner can wait a bit longer.  I just need to breathe a little fresh air, pull a few weeds, do something more than just hibernate.

So that's all from me.  Hope you're all doing well.

Ciao


Comments

  1. Your situation at work sounds dreadful. A really toxic place. That's good to be looking after yourself more - I too suffered from dreadful hot flushes. I still get them but not to the extreme ie, just hot and cold like my internal thermometer is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gees girl you don't look that bad, it was awesome to catch up - and with the days getting longer more BBQ's to be had and more salads means feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better :) Yes!!! I found you again!! I really hate losing all my saved favorites!!
    Wheat is BAD!!! I haven't even been drinking wine! Trying to get the weight off myself so weaned myself off it. lol need to start again to work myself up to enjoying the unlimited alcohol package on our honeymoon..lol
    Hope things stay calm at work and you get a few more months out of them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things settle at work soon. Hot flushes...OMG DON'T get me started on them. Over 10 years I've had them now...
    You look lovely as usual Chick... don't be so harsh on yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts